Does Social Media Marketing Pay?

by Josef Katz on January 17, 2010

in Social Media

Is it possible to measure the ROI of social media marketing activities?

The answer is ‘Yes’, ‘No’ and ‘Why’.  Watch this video to get a better understanding of how using social media marketing can grow your business.  This video should also give you a sense of the ROI of your marketing efforts when done correctly.

BTW- you don’t have to be a big corporation to start a social media marketing effort. In fact small businesses and entrepreneurs might have an advantage when using social media marketing.

If you are not already using social media marketing give it a try and let me know what you experience.  I think once you get started using social media to market your business you will be hooked and glad you started.

…and remember to have fun.

{ 1 trackback }

The Facts about Social Media « Can someone please explain…?
January 21, 2010 at 10:32 pm

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Michael Werner January 18, 2010 at 8:34 am

Social media has completely changed the way our company goes to market. We have integrated its use in virtually everything we do. However, to make it successful, you HAVE to embed it within your marketing efforts — it’s not simply something you do once in awhile. I believe that is the biggest hurdle most organizations have to get over. Social media is a “marketing lifestyle” and not just an event.

Josef Katz January 18, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Michael,
I completely agree. You can’t jump in and out and expect results to just happen. It is also important to note that social media is not a marketing plan it is one piece of a marketing plan. These sites are tools that can be used for marketing but other efforts are still needed if a company is going to be successful.

Thanks for stopping by.

Michael Werner January 18, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Hi Joseph:

The hardest thing for me personally to “get” about social media is the way in which you, as the “vendor” of a product or service, need to integrate yourself into a conversation. Social media is not a big trade show exhibit hall where you pitch stuff to everyone that comes by. Consequently, good use of social media takes a long time. It took us over a year to start to see any real payback. Now we’re just one of the crowd, and accepted I think by most of those we circulate among, but who also happen to develop and sell products… but we’re seen, I believe, as co-participants in the conversation first, and vendors second.

JLSimons January 20, 2010 at 4:43 pm

I have many people who need to see this. Some are clients. Some are coworkers. Some are friends. This is so good I don’t want to just steal the data, I am going to steal the whole video and put it on my blog, too. What’s that? I don’t have to steal it? I can just put it there because with social media, everybody benefits by spreading good content, as long as proper credit is given? Go figure. Thanks, Josef.

January 20, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Jeff,
Glad to help. Just remember to keep the social networking going and tell everyone how I help keep you up to date on social media…kidding of course since you are a source of great info.

Michael Werner January 20, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Gents: Any ideas on how we can find social media marketers in the field using these techniques? Want to compare notes. All we ever seem to find are consultants who want to sell us their expertise. We’ve tried the traditional routes.

pensacola real estate investors club August 4, 2014 at 12:22 am

This is probably the most popular way to invest in real estate.
But, again, for all the credit you deserve here, even in the most intelligently though amorally pragmatic sense, it was just LUCKY for YOU.
Realtors the only ones legally allowed to list your home in an multiple
listing service.